Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Search – Forums

Your search gave 2 results:

Post #1477 by GaryB on July 27th 2007, 8:56 AM (in topic “Brief advice needed, temporary orders?”)

Brief advice needed, temporary orders?

Hi guys,

my first post here in SRL (and definitely not the last), so a brief overview: wife walked out two years ago, I raised the three kids since, then one month ago she talked two of them into moving in with her temporarily - then decided she wanted all three 100%, and is pursuing that. She gets free legal aid and help from her employer, and as I now pay child support I won't be able to afford much legal help, if any.

I have started the process of FRC, but that looks like it will take weeks if not months to proceed. In the mean time, I have been advised (by friends) that I should get 'temporary orders' to ensure things at least stay as they are, one with me and me getting some access to the other two.

Can anyone please tell me, is that a wise/necessary step, and if so, what paperwork do I need? If someone can point me in the right direction of the forms and the process, I'd really appreciate it.


Go to post

Post #1455 by GaryB on July 23rd 2007, 10:24 PM (in topic “Getting started - mediation”)

Getting started - mediation

Hi guys,

this is my first real post here - though believe me it's not going to be the last. I'm after some advice on getting started with the whole FRC/legal path, for sorting out custody.

A quick overview: My ex walked out on me and our three kids about two years ago. She wanted them every now and then but never consistently, so they stayed with me, and I had to work to afford to keep them. All was fine till around three months ago, when she began trying to convince them all to move in with her. My two youngest (boys) agreed, and as I loved them and thought it was to their benefit to be with their mum. She was being very reasonable at the time, saying we could work it out between us, flexible arrangement, all for the kids, etc.

Once she had them she completely changed, went for full payment she could get from the CSA despite knowing it would mean I would probably lose the house, is going for custody of my daughter, is stopping the boys from seeing me as much as they want to, tells me she always believed they were miserable and needed her and were not well looked after, etc. I guess this has happened to guys before me, and it'll happen after.

I've tried to get some agreement from her and whilst she'll let me see them every second weekend, she won't agree to any shared custody. I can't afford to pay for much legal advice so I'm probably going to have to do a lot of the work myself - so any and all advice greatfully received.

Firstly, can somebody please tell me what the first step should be? Reading this site it sounds as if I have to try and get her to an FRC and if she won't go then get a certificate from them to say that, before I can go to court - but is that right? If not, what do I have to do? Also, I tried to find my local FRC but couldn't find an address, I'm in the Wollongong area and found articles saying there was going to be a centre here, but I'm not sure where to look.

I'd really appreciate any and all help.



Go to post

Enter the words you wish your result to include, with spaces between them.


The template search will find all entries matching the criteria. For example, a search with a criteria of ‘Manhattan’ in the field named ‘Description’ (assuming there is one) would find any entries containing the substring ‘Manhattan’ in the ‘Description’ field.

If there are additional categories available underneath a category then there will be a clickable ‘plus’ icon shown to the left of it. Choose your selection by clicking the label (you will see it get highlighted). Hold the ctrl key to expand all child categories also.

Recent Tweets