Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Search – Forums

Your search gave 1 result:

Post #33865 by Aragon on January 4th 2011, 2:17 PM (in topic “Spousal Support Issued by USA”)

Spousal Support Issued by USA

I recently relocated back to Australia, after having living overseas for many years.  As I earned significantly more than my spouse I was ordered to pay appox USD $4,500 per month to keep him in the lifestyle he was used to.

As I have moved back to Australia I currently earn the same amount as my ex spouse does, he has lodged the Court Order US Divorce Decree with CSA and they have indicated they will enforce this action which will fundamentally take approx over half my take home pay.  My ex and I agreed to a shared parenting order and I paid for all the costs of the children and my removal back to Australia so that my ex could have equal access to the children.

I have taken CSA to task on this matter indicating that an Australian Court could simply overrule this US ruling, as has been done with the shared parenting order, they have responded that this is not the case.

I am stuck between not being able to support my children and having no money due to this spousal support order.  Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how to proceed to remove the need to pay the spousal support?

Thanks in advance.

Go to post

Enter the words you wish your result to include, with spaces between them.


The template search will find all entries matching the criteria. For example, a search with a criteria of ‘Manhattan’ in the field named ‘Description’ (assuming there is one) would find any entries containing the substring ‘Manhattan’ in the ‘Description’ field.

If there are additional categories available underneath a category then there will be a clickable ‘plus’ icon shown to the left of it. Choose your selection by clicking the label (you will see it get highlighted). Hold the ctrl key to expand all child categories also.

Recent Tweets