The Family Law Regulations 1984 have been amended by the Family Law Amendment Regulations 2011 (No. 1) to reflect various amendments to family law legislation that has or will come into force in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia.
The relevant legislation covered is the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 (Vic), the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic), the Adoption Act 2009 (Qld), the Intervention Orders (Prevention of Abuse) Act 2009 (SA), the Surrogacy Act 2010 (NSW) and amendments to the Family Relationships Act 1975 (SA).
The key amendments:
- Prescribe laws in New South Wales and South Australia to recognise court orders determining the parentage of children born under surrogacy arrangements;
- Update the list of prescribed family violence laws for South Australia;
- Update the list of prescribed child welfare laws to reflect changes to Victorian and Queensland legislation;
- Update the definition of child welfare officer under the Family Law Regulations to reflect changes to Queensland administrative arrangements; and
- Update a reference to the relevant Queensland child welfare department in a Schedule to the Family Law Regulations to reflect changes to administrative arrangements in that State.