Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

The Baby Bonus

or is it just my sour grapes

I missed my invitation to the 20/20 summit guy's and girls.

What a set of beautiful posts I found myself flitting and flowing whilst each point is being brought up best read I've had in ages.

We all know Baby Bonus has been set to increase the population and it is working to some extent but I have to agree, I don't think it's an healthy option, it's the simplest method that involves the least thought and although some you families benefit from this a common perception is children for money.

It could be suggested that the ilk of the people who do bread for the bonus are in the best position to route the system for all it's worth and no matter how you changed the system to accommodate responsible spending it effectively will fail, they will always be one step ahead or find away around change. A lot of money could be spent to achieve nothing.

Perhaps Government is aware of this and use it to secure votes from a section of society that can appreciate nothing more than monetary gain.

If we could bring CSA into line by specifying a total income then dividing the monetary value by half and suggest that both parties are equally responsible for the upbringing of the child effectively halving the amount the payer pays. Then this would encourage those able to work to find part time work. If we consider that a parent stays home with child till they start kindy and allow 3/4 maintenance till this point then a reduction to 1/2 it will allow all concerned to get on with their lives with out a debilitating cost.

I receive a  partial payment each year to assist in catering for my daughter that most who receive FTB A or B  receive, I would be happy to provide receipts for this money to make sure it was being spent on my child, as I would be happy to be accountable for a Baby Bonus set of receipts. Come to think of it I would be happy to account for money's from maintenance being accounted for as well.

But I have nothing to hide and the money that I receive goes where it's suppose to, my daughter.

( benefits receiver )
D4E said
If we could bring CSA into line by specifying a total income then dividing the monetary value by half and suggest that both parties are equally responsible for the upbringing of the child effectively halving the amount the payer pays.

Then this would encourage those able to work to find part time work.

( benefits receiver )
D4E

What would you do for parents with full time care who are medically certified totally and permanently incapacitated?

Total income of the working parent halved would place a requirement on the incapacitated parent that could not be met.

Whats the difference between those who pay minimum child support child support to a person who is already on support with FTB A&B?

I'm on a minimum Support Pension with 50% FTB A&B negligent CSA, to which I am lucky because it goes directly on my daughter.

I still have to provide a place for her to live 100% of the time.

So I'm 50% the person you describe, I also believe that I could be further utilized for after school care as well as school holidays.

I would gladly reduce maintenance in this manner personally.

Because it is a minimal amount and I'm not receiving hundreds of dollars a week I've had to live to my means which involves sacrifice, I don't have much but I'm happy with what I do have and my girl might not wear designer clothes but we have a roof, food and clothes. But as yet she is still young and when social peer pressure of having everything that is in vogue on that day this may effect her but I hope I teach her enough about values that she just shrugs it off and sees she has what some don't, ample love and nurturing.

Do we really need to provide a false economy for recipients that allows them no sacrifice and if we do isn't that encouraging them to consider a CSA payments employee.

Is the child or parent the issue?
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets