Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Child abuse

Add Topic

My son is in danger

My son is suffering from continues abuse and neglect.

I believe has lactose intolerance, from the time he had a tummy bug and was taken to the hospital for antibiotics he still had tummy trouble, I then tried him on 'HA" milk which he got him over the problem.

When the mother took him I was shocked to noticed she forgot to take his HA milk he gets tummy pains several times a night crying and kicking until I nurse him back to sleep,

Six weeks after she took him I got him back, he was so sick he had fever cough and cold, I took him to his Gold Coast doctor whom gave him antibiotic's and said if he doesn't eat or drink to take him to hospital. That night he didn't eat or drink and he had acute tummy pains again so I took him to the hospital that night and to his doctor the next day on the third night he was better no more tummy pain or fever and he was getting over his cold.

After a few more days I tried him on half NAN pro because I thought there was a lot of good things in the PRO milk and half HA but straight away that night the tummy pains came back. I had him for ten days in total until the courts gave him back to the mother, whom I strongly believe has anti social personality disorder and is neglecting and abusing him.

because now he is with the mother 5/6th of the time he spends most night alone in his room left to cry by himself. He has had a cold for months, I have realised because of the tummy pains he kicks off his blankets in the night when he gets cramps and catches cold.

I have lots of video from the twice weekly change over's, he cries when he sees the mother and won't let go of me.

What can I do?

Try lacteeze - lactase drops in his milk. It is an enzyme that helps the body convert lactose
so that it is easily digestible.
Lactose intolerance causes severe stomach pains because this conversion does not take place.
Try pushing his knees up to his chest to to relieve the pain.
Do you think that same method would work on the rest of us, to relieve us of the pain of the original poster?
Thanks Rosey…

Speaking of "Trolls" think ajea is a candidate.
Quolls, ignore the jibes, but unfortunately Ithink you put yourself in that predicament by previous postings of yours.

To answer your questions, when you have the child in your care, take him to the doctor to get checked over. At least then there will be some documentary evidence by someone other than yourself. Are you taking him to the same doctor that the mother takes hims too? If not, see if you can. If you don't know who she takes him to (and personally I think you really should know), then you could fill out a medicare form (forget which number) which will give details of all medicare visits, and pharmaceuticals issued under the PBS. Sadly this will take probably six weeks.

If you are seeing different doctors, have your doctor send a little to the doctor she uses with information about the treatment suggested.

Your other option is to inform DOCS. Who will or won't do anything. Bit hit and miss it seems, and this probably wouldn't be enough to warrant any investigation on their part.

Above all, diarise everything.

Do you have court orders in place? If so, what is stated about the sharing of medical/illness information. If you don't have orders, then maybe you should look at starting the process. Step 1 - mediation.
I took him to his GP in Brisbane and the RBCH and their paediatrician, but couldn't get a result, and the mother wont cooperate at all, unfortunately the mothers family consultant and her legal aid lawyer complained to the court that I was taking him to the doctor, so now the court banned me from taking him to his doctor, I just found out his new doctor is.
Most children are lactose intolerant. They eventually get tolerant to it after a period.

I see nothing in your posts that suggests that the mother is abusing or neglecting the child.

You aren't qualified to form an opinion that the mother has an anti-social personality disorder. What is your basis for forming this diagnosis? What are you observing?

"time he spends most night alone in his room left to cry by himself"

1. So what?
2. How would you know this?

I read your posts and I get the impression that you are a helicoptor parent.

4MYDAUGHTER
"So what" you sound like a complete Psychopath.

Child abuseMain article: Child abuse
See also: :Category:Child abuse and Child neglect
Child abuse is the physical or psychological/emotional mistreatment of children. In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) define child maltreatment as any act or series of acts of commission or omission by a parent or other caregiver that results in harm, potential for harm, or threat of harm to a child.[6] Most child abuse occurs in a child's home, with a smaller amount occurring in the organizations, schools or communities the child interacts with. There are four major categories of child abuse: neglect, physical abuse, psychological/emotional abuse, and sexual abuse.

Anti-social behaviourMain article: Anti-social behaviour
See also: Incivility
Anti-social behaviour is often seen as public behaviour that lacks judgement and consideration for others and may cause them or their property damage. It may be intentional, as with vandalism or graffiti, or the result of negligence. Persistent anti-social behaviour may be a manifestation of an antisocial personality disorder. The counterpart of anti-social behaviour is pro-social behaviour, namely any behaviour intended to help or benefit another person, group or society[3]

Psychopathy ( /saɪˈkɒpəθi/[1][2]) was, until 1980, the term used for a personality disorder characterized by an abnormal lack of empathy combined with strongly amoral conduct but masked by an ability to appear outwardly normal. The publication of DSM-III changed the name of this mental disorder to Antisocial Personality Disorder, and also broadened the diagnostic criteria considerably by shifting from clinical inferences to behavioral diagnostic criteria.[3] However, the DSM-V working party is recommending a revision of Antisocial Personality Disorder to include "Antisocial/Psychopathic Type", with the diagnostic criteria having a greater emphasis on character than on behavior.[4] The ICD-10 diagnostic criteria of the World Health Organization also lacks psychopathy as a personality disorder, its 1992 manual including Dissocial (Antisocial) Personality Disorder, which encompasses amoral, antisocial, asocial, psychopathic, and sociopathic personalities.[5]

Despite being currently unused in diagnostic manuals, psychopathy and related terms such as psychopath are still widely used by mental health professionals and laymen alike. In particular, NATO has funded a series of Advanced Study Institutes on psychopathy, both before and after to the publication of DSM-III. Researcher Robert Hare has been a particular champion of the term; his Hare Psychopathy Checklist is the standard tool for differentiating between those with Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD) and the subset who are psychopaths. According to this scale, the prevalence of APD is two to three times that of psychopathy.[6]

According to Christopher J. Patrick in his Handbook of Psychopathy, clinicians generally believe that there is neither a cure nor any effective treatment for psychopathy; there are no medications that can instill empathy, while psychopaths who undergo traditional talk therapy only become more adept at manipulating others.[7] However, other researchers suggest that psychopaths may benefit as much as others from psychological treatment, at least in terms of effect on behavior.[8] According to Hare, the consensus among researchers in this area is that psychopathy stems from a specific neurological disorder which is biological in origin and present from birth,[9] although a 2008 review indicated multiple causes and variation between individuals.[10] Hare estimates that about one percent of the population are psychopaths.[11]

I know what an anti-social personality disorder is and didn't ask for you to define it.

What behaviours are you observing in the mother that leads you to believe she has an antisocial personality disorder?

4MYDAUGHTER
Oh My, your a APD lesbian right ?

You demonstrate exactly the reason why lesbian shouldn't be here or have anything  to do with children.
quolls said
Oh My, your a APD lesbian right ?
You demonstrate exactly the reason why lesbian shouldn't be here or have anything  to do with children.

Was that directed at me?

I note you have avoided responding to my question, that being, what behaviours have you observed in the mother that leads you to believe she was an anti-social personality disorder?

Are you going to respond to the question or is it the case that you don't have any basis for your belief that the mother suffers from an anti-social personality disorder?

4MYDAUGHTER
I think you my need help superman/womam

http://www.mentalhealthaustralia.net/antisocial-personality-disorder.htm
Quoll. Stop being such a d*%head!

You're the one posting requests for help in this forum not me.

The fact that you've incorrectly identified my sex suggests that you lack both the ability and capacity to identify personality disorders in the mother or anybody else for that matter.

Your unwillingness to respond to my question in nay meaningful way strongly indicates that you claims about the mother in your matter are non-sense!

Your ultra-defensiveness strongly indicates that you have some problems.

Go get some counselling.

Stop wasting everyone's time.

4MYDAUGHTER
"So what" you sound like a complete Psychopath.

Child abuseMain article: Child abuse
See also: :Category:Child abuse and Child neglect
Child abuse is the physical or psychological/emotional mistreatment of children. In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) define child maltreatment as any act or series of acts of commission or omission by a parent or other caregiver that results in harm, potential for harm, or threat of harm to a child.[6] Most child abuse occurs in a child's home, with a smaller amount occurring in the organizations, schools or communities the child interacts with. There are four major categories of child abuse: neglect, physical abuse, psychological/emotional abuse, and sexual abuse.

Anti-social behaviourMain article: Anti-social behaviour
See also: Incivility
Anti-social behaviour is often seen as public behaviour that lacks judgement and consideration for others and may cause them or their property damage. It may be intentional, as with vandalism or graffiti, or the result of negligence. Persistent anti-social behaviour may be a manifestation of an antisocial personality disorder. The counterpart of anti-social behaviour is pro-social behaviour, namely any behaviour intended to help or benefit another person, group or society[3]

Psychopathy ( /saɪˈkɒpəθi/[1][2]) was, until 1980, the term used for a personality disorder characterized by an abnormal lack of empathy combined with strongly amoral conduct but masked by an ability to appear outwardly normal. The publication of DSM-III changed the name of this mental disorder to Antisocial Personality Disorder, and also broadened the diagnostic criteria considerably by shifting from clinical inferences to behavioral diagnostic criteria.[3] However, the DSM-V working party is recommending a revision of Antisocial Personality Disorder to include "Antisocial/Psychopathic Type", with the diagnostic criteria having a greater emphasis on character than on behavior.[4] The ICD-10 diagnostic criteria of the World Health Organization also lacks psychopathy as a personality disorder, its 1992 manual including Dissocial (Antisocial) Personality Disorder, which encompasses amoral, antisocial, asocial, psychopathic, and sociopathic personalities.[5]

Despite being currently unused in diagnostic manuals, psychopathy and related terms such as psychopath are still widely used by mental health professionals and laymen alike. In particular, NATO has funded a series of Advanced Study Institutes on psychopathy, both before and after to the publication of DSM-III. Researcher Robert Hare has been a particular champion of the term; his Hare Psychopathy Checklist is the standard tool for differentiating between those with Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD) and the subset who are psychopaths. According to this scale, the prevalence of APD is two to three times that of psychopathy.[6]

According to Christopher J. Patrick in his Handbook of Psychopathy, clinicians generally believe that there is neither a cure nor any effective treatment for psychopathy; there are no medications that can instill empathy, while psychopaths who undergo traditional talk therapy only become more adept at manipulating others.[7] However, other researchers suggest that psychopaths may benefit as much as others from psychological treatment, at least in terms of effect on behavior.[8] According to Hare, the consensus among researchers in this area is that psychopathy stems from a specific neurological disorder which is biological in origin and present from birth,[9] although a 2008 review indicated multiple causes and variation between individuals.[10] Hare estimates that about one percent of the population are psychopaths.[11]

So if a Judge or Family Consultant asks you to identify the behaviours of the mother which YOU HAVE WITNESSED leading to your lay diagnosis/belief of APD - you're going to spew out text from wikipedia are you?

4MYDAUGHTER
quolls said
I took him to his GP in Brisbane and the RBCH and their paediatrician, but couldn't get a result, and the mother wont cooperate at all, unfortunately the mothers family consultant and her legal aid lawyer complained to the court that I was taking him to the doctor, so now the court banned me from taking him to his doctor, I just found out his new doctor is.
  This is where I am now confused. The mother has a family consultant???? How has that happened? In what capacity does the mother (and only the mother) have a family consultant? What do you mean by a "family consultant"?

And what reason were you given as to banning you from taking the child to a doctor? Are you banned completely from taking him to any doctor, or just the doctor that the mother uses? It seems a bit amazing that you are banned from taking the child to a doctor. What happens in the case of an emergency. How long ago were you banned?

Quolls, you seem to have been a little lax in being forthright and truthful, it would appear from the limited information that you have provided this forum.

I also think, that it would be in your best interest, if you wish to remain in this forum, to refrain from criticising other members. There are many on here who have a lot more experience and knowledge than you and I, especially with regard to family law.

Do you currently have any orders in place? What do they say about medical care?
This site needs a resident psychiatrist.
Quolls I suggest that if you want any assistance you start respecting those that are able to offer you advice. From what I have read you look like you are up the creek without a paddle and you are not giving yourself an opportunity to find another one.  

Executive Member of SRL-Resources, the Family Law People on the site (Look for the Avatars).   Be mindful what you post in the public areas
Boots, "family consultant" um wrong term, maybe 'counsellor' possibly Im not to sure of the right term someone like that.

Girls normally talk seven times more than guys, a little understanding is appreciated.

The doctors bit of a long story his normal doctor said use HA and the mother said other wise… no reason given for the change to the new doctors, "except in emergencies", that is on the court order, its not me Im worried for it the boy, it is so hard to see him suffer.

This very real and serous he gets really bad cramps, cries with pain, several times a night, so bad I have taken him to emergency at least twice.
As well the change-over is right in his sleep time 11am to so he being woken up in the middle of sleeps which is bad.

Im not being disrespectful, Im only open to communicating with people that are productive and caring, not destructive, disrespectful and abusive.
I really dont appreciate the abuse coming from ajae and 4mydaughter, Im not here to be abused and honestly feel they are disrespectful and abusive, I really would like them both to leave in peace and not engage me again ever Im here for my son is all and am confronted with bias and abuse.

ajae…
Do you think that same method would work on the rest of us, to relieve us of the pain of the original poster?
(insensitivity, contemptuousness,  disrespectful and abusive )

4mydaughter …
Most children are lactose intolerant. They eventually get tolerant to it after a period.
(Im sure your not qualified to make this comment)

I see nothing in your posts that suggests that the mother is abusing or neglecting the child.
(A serious lack judgment and of empathy, He's a baby suffering badly thats 'what', anyone in pain or distress is in serious need and when that need is not met it is Abuse )

1.   So what?
("Psychopaths also lack empathy towards others in general, resulting in tactlessness, insensitivity, and contemptuousness")

Quoll. Stop being such a d*%head!
( this is abuse )

I think it is a basic right to be alowed to speek with out being abused.

He is a baby in need of people whom care, not BS, is this forum is for women only ??
Quolls you seem remarkably able to complain that people are abusing you on this forum when in fact you are continually insulting them by publishing meaningless rubbish and utter stupidities. Believe it or not the FLWG readers have an IQ greater than 25. If someone offers a contrary viewpoint you seem to want to place a derogatory label on them. That really indicates you have some serious problems with people in general.

Since you do not seem to have read much of the forums or the site let me help you out, the site is called the FamilyLawWebGuide, repeat Family Law, it is not the come here for coffee biscuits and sympathy site nor the quolls therapy site. I have repeatedly posted that people with fragile sensibilities should avoid public sites. If you dont like the opinions expressed to you then do not post.

What are you trying to achieve by posting? Are you after proper support for a case because at the moment all your posts are surrounded by some mystery plus meaningless links to Wikipedia and trite references to Lesbians.

So far you have achieved the status of idiot poster and yes I am and others entitled to make that deduction on what you have written - it is not bullying or harassment but a clear statement of the facts to date. Some of your previous posts were dumped into Hyde Park Corner a section of the site reserved for crazy posts and oddballs.

Now do yourself and us a favour, stop treating the readership here as six year olds and think before you post.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets