Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Unable to attend

What to do when unable to attend court as a SRL


Some quick advice please.

I have just been served an application 4 weeks after it was filed and 3 weeks before the court date. I will be away overseas for work leading up to the court date and during the court date.

How do I get the court date moved so that I can represent myself?



A person who can't pay gets another person who can't pay to guarantee that he can pay. Like a person with two wooden legs getting another person with two wooden legs to guarantee that he has got two natural legs. It don't make either of them able to do a walking-match. Charles Dickens

From the sounds of it you are a fly in/fly out worker.

First course would be to get the time off. Second course if this is not possible, a letter from your employer and make application for a special mention date for you to argue your bona fides why the matter should be put off till a later date.

Executive Member of SRL-Resources, the Family Law People on the site (Look for the Avatars).   Be mindful what you post in the public areas
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets