Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 93 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /home/flfl1154/git/flwg.com.au/sources/global.php on line 625
View topic: Federal Magistrates Court Forms - online – Family Law Web Guide
Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Federal Magistrates Court Forms - online

Has anyone found these confusing...

Considering that form filling can make or brake your case there should be more info on them.

I went to court today to make an application in a Case using the Internet form (as a word doc). I also used the instructions for completion that was on the Internet. The counter staff in Sydney(city) said the instructions were wrong at number 2. Their computer system was not yet adapted for the new form.

'Application in a case' is used if you want to make an application in a case which has already commenced. It should be used by any one seeking interlocutory, interim or procedural orders. Hope it helps someone.

Executive Member of SRL-Resources, the Family Law People on the site (Look for the Avatars).   Be mindful what you post in the public areas. 
monteverdi said
Considering that form filling can make or brake your case there should be more info on them.

'Application in a case' is used if you want to make an application in a case which has already commenced. It should be used by any one seeking interlocutory, interim or procedural orders. Hope it helps someone.
 The forms are many and can be confusing for the uninitiated. I assume you are talking about the combined forms? There used to be FMC and FCoA forms. These are slowly being phased out. Try this site and compare the information. We are proposing the site admins do some additional work with teh SRL's on this and we will endeveour to publish the correct information sooner than later. We seem to be able to get content up here faster than the Government sites.

Executive Secretary - Shared Parenting Council of Australia
 Was my post helpful? If so, please let others know about the FamilyLawWebGuide whenever you see the opportunity

Thank you Monteverdi, Just what I have been looking for, I need to extend the intial orders sought on the App. final orders, and I belive this is the one I need. 2 hours today on phone with different departments got me nowhere.

grammar

If you are a SRL and are having trouble typing into the forms, try someone elses (or the public libraries PC) to download them.

On friends PCs forms download nicely, while my home PC downloads them, but makes them difficult to do data entry in.

Last edit: by Artemis

Junior Executive of SRL-Resources

Executive Member of SRL-Resources, the Family Law People on this site (Look for the Avatars). Be mindful what you post in public areas. 
If you are having trouble with the 'auto entry' forms be aware that the Word versions of these can have problems with Word 95 and Word 97 ie the earlier versions of Word. The 'protect' features that disable the form layout being edited were changed from Word 2000 onwards

Executive Member of SRL-Resources, the Family Law People on this site (look for the Avatars) Be mindful what you post in public areas. 
Thankyou Agog. It also helped that with my typing background, I knew to use <shift enter> rather than just a page break or hard enter, which got rid of crazy spacing.

Junior Executive of SRL-Resources

Executive Member of SRL-Resources, the Family Law People on this site (Look for the Avatars). Be mindful what you post in public areas. 
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets