Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 92 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /home/flfl1154/git/flwg.com.au/sources/global.php on line 625

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/flfl1154/git/flwg.com.au/sources/global.php:625) in /home/flfl1154/git/flwg.com.au/sources/static_cache.php on line 230
View topic: abscondment, recovery and QLD Legal Aid – Family Law Web Guide
Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

abscondment, recovery and QLD Legal Aid

Recent changes to Family Law bring in Compulsory Mediation, however I believe that Abscondment and Recovery can be dealt with prior to Mediation.


When my ex first absconded with my child i was not well off financially and I contacted Legal Aid QLD

While their on-staff lawyers are helpful the people in charge of decisions regarding funding are FemiNazi's through and through.

I was told Categorically that they will NOT Fund a male for a recovery order. Full Stop. The external Lawyeres that Legal Aid sent me to told EXACTLY the same story.

I was also told that you have to go to mediation before Legal Aid QLD will fund relocation applications.

DONT DO ANY OF IT  go STRAIGHT to a Community Legal Service, like Caxton Legal in Brisbane and get help filing for a Recovery.
they can help you, sometimes they can even provide help with filling out the papers.

DO NOT DELAY, not for one second, take time off work, do whatever it takes to get a Recovery Order filed and do not listen to the Legal Aid funding people,

worry about mediation after your child is back within a reasonable distance and interim contact has been organised.

The Legal Aid external Lawyers told me that i would not be able to get a recovery order from the court,  - they were lying to me. Or at the very least misleading me, why? maybe they wanted the "job" representing me with Legal Aid funding it, i don't know. But what they told me to do was a load of horse manure. Dont make the same mistake, go see  a Community Legal Service and be assured anyone can fill out the paperwork with a little guidance, that is where Community Legal Centers come in.

You are correct.

A recovery order can be issued as a matter of urgency. The Federal Magistrates are fairly agile in this respect.  :thumbs:

Executive Secretary - Shared Parenting Council of Australia
 Was my post helpful? If so, please let others know about the FamilyLawWebGuide whenever you see the opportunity
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets