Minister for Human Services Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig (Manager of Government Business in the Senate)
#6534 (In Topic #1382)
Senator Joe Ludwig is in the key portfolios CSA (Child Support Agency) and Centrelink. Both of which are key agencies involved in the new Child Support Legislation
The Department and Portfolio Agencies
As the Minister for Human Services I am responsible for the operations of the Department of Human Services and Human Services portfolio agencies.
The Portfolio Department of Human Services (DHS) includes:
Portfolio Responsibilities section of this website.
BiographySenator the Hon. Joe Ludwig was sworn in as the Minister for Human Services on 3 December 2007.
Senator Ludwig was elected to the Senate for Queensland in 1998 (term began 1.7.1999) and 2004.
- Senate Standing: Publications from 9.8.99 to 4.10.00; Regulations and Ordinances from 9.8.99 to 1.7.02; Selection of Bills from 17.8.00 to 11.2.02 and from 1.7.02; Procedure from 13.2.02 to 15.11.04 and from 7.9.05 to 11.12.05; Library from 1.7.02 to 15.11.04.
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Legal and Constitutional: References Committee from 9.8.99 to 1.7.02, from 4.12.03 to 1.3.04 and from 1.7.05 to 11.9.06 and Legislation Committee from 1.7.02 to 11.5.05; Legal and Constitutional Affairs from 11.9.06; Finance and Public Administration: References Committee from 1.3.04 to 15.11.04.
- Senate Select: Ministerial Discretion in Migration Matters from 23.6.03 to 31.3.04.
- Joint Statutory: Australian Crime Commission from 1.7.05 to 27.3.07.
- Joint Standing: Treaties from 9.8.99 to 1.7.02.
- Conferences, delegations and visits.
- Member, Joint Standing Committee on Treaties visit to New Zealand, March 2000.
- Official visit to USA, February 2004.
Parliamentary party positions
- Deputy Opposition Whip in the Senate from 17.8.00 to 22.11.01.
- Manager of Opposition Business in the Senate from 25.11.01 to 3.12.07.
- Manager of Government Business in the Senate from 3.12.07.
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Shadow Attorney-General from 25.11.01; and Parliamentary Secretary to the Shadow Minister for Homeland Security from 8.12.03 to 26.10.04.
- Member, Opposition Shadow Ministry from 22.10.04 to 3.12.07. Shadow Minister for Justice and Customs from 26.10.04 to 9.3.07; Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs from 26.10.04 to 24.6.05; Shadow Attorney-General from 9.3.07 to 3.12.07.
- Member, ALP from 1978.
- Convener, ALP Economic and Industrial Relations Committee 1993-96; Convener, Employment, Training and Industrial Relations Committee 1996-99.
- Member, ALP Rules Committee 1998-2005.
- Born 21 July 1959, Longreach, Qld.
Qualifications and occupation before entering federal Parliament
- BA (Qld), LLB ( Qld University of Technology).
- GradDipLegalPrac (ANU).
- Management and Industrial Relations Certificate (Kangaroo Point TAFE).
- Cadet Industrial Inspector 1978-80; Assistant Industrial Inspector 1980-82; Industrial Inspector 1982-88.
- Training consultant 1988.
- Industrial Advocate, Australian Workers' Union (Qld) 1988-93; Senior Industrial Advocate 1993-99.
- Justice of the Peace from 1997.
- 49 Royal Queensland Regiment (Reserve).
- 2nd Lieutenant 5/11 Field Regiment Royal Australian Artillery (Reserve).
- Queensland University Regiment (Reserve).
Was my post helpful? If so, please let others know about the FamilyLawWebGuide whenever you see the opportunityExecutive Secretary - Shared Parenting Council of Australia
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.