Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

How can I withdraw Assault Charges against my Partner / Remove AVO

Add Topic
My partner and I had an argument 2 days ago. Police where called to our home by neighbours who heard us arguing. When the police came to my home I was very upset and angry at my partner. I over exaggerated the incident out of spite to get my partner away from me as I was stressed and angry and needed space. They arrested him and took him away. I never wrote a statement against my partner i told them i just wanted space. They charged him for common assault against me. My partner recieved bail at the station but we both have to attend court seperatly in 4 days. the Police put an AVO out against my partner on my behalf. We have children together and I do not want this AVO. I was angry at the time and do not want any charges laid against my partner. What can I do to have the charges dropped and thrown out of court? How can I remove the AVO the police have placed or atleast down grade it so he can approach me?
If the police are bringing these prosecutions you are stuffed, especially on the DVO front…and if you made things up and actually put it on the record that you did you open yourself up to charges as well.

Next time dont tell lies to the police for a bit of revenge. Its not good and many many men suffer the punishments they do not deserve because of people doing things like this

If you really want to "man" up then tell the court you exaggerated it and take YOUR punishment

Nothing i say should be taken as legal advice. I am not a Lawyer. If i help you it is of your own free choice to listen to what i say or not. I do not create documents for you. I do not represent you…. Purple Monkey Dishwasher
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets