Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Question on Breaches

Add Topic

I was just reading in another forum on this site and read something, that I would like someone to confirm for me, or let me know if I'm off the beaten track.

If a parent only has contact time with their children, say the father, and the mother is the majority carer.

Can the father have a contravention order placed on them for not attending to receive his children at a court ordered handover?

As I was reading that this is a priviledge (if I read it right) and therefore cannot contravene the orders by not attending to receive his children.

Is this correct or totally incorrect?
Yes - you read it correctly.

However, other issues could complicate the situation.

It can depend on what 'games' the parents are playing.

Executive Member of SRL-Resources, the Family Law People on the site (Look for the Avatars).   Be mindful what you post in the public areas. 
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets