Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

PAS - Parental Alienation Syndrome

Add Topic
Hi,  New to this site and wishing to ask a couple of questions on issues in relation to separated families and child custody and health.  Currently my sister is under going the steps to have shared custody of her son with his father.  They used to share custody until one weekend her son went with his father and for some reason will not return.  He is very rude and displaying an unbelievable amount of hatred toward her.  This is unusual as my nephew has lived his whole life with his mother and visits his father (without limit - his father has never not had access to his son).  However, as my nephew has gotten older he has spent more time with his dad and oddly enough the more time he spends with him the more he hates his mother.  I have recently become aware of PAS - Parental Alienation Syndrome.  My nephew is showing all the signs of PAS. I understand that on a mental and emotional health level this should be dealt with immediately, however, where does my sister stand on this matter legally????  And if it is the case that the father is responsible for the child suffering from PAS how is he liable??  And can custody rights be taken from him as it is detrimental to the child's health??

Is this case an Australian related case. The references to Custody and Parental Alienation Syndrome are typically common American terms.

Executive Secretary - Shared Parenting Council of Australia
 Was my post helpful? If so, please let others know about the FamilyLawWebGuide whenever you see the opportunity
Hi,  Yes this is a case in Australia.

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets