Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Mother left

Add Topic
Hi all

The mother of my 16 month old has left NSW to live in Tasmania. She decided to leave our son with me, we do not have any court orders or parenting plans in place. If I applied to the courts for sole parental responsibility would it be granted or would the mother have to be consulted as to whether or not she agreed to it?
There would need to be full consultation. I doubt you will get sole parental responsibility even though she lives so far away. By default you have shared parental responsibility and both parents consult in the major decision making. The mother can still do that from Tasmania.

Executive Secretary - Shared Parenting Council of Australia
 Was my post helpful? If so, please let others know about the FamilyLawWebGuide whenever you see the opportunity
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets