Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Changed name on birth certificate

Add Topic

Anyone any comments


my son has applied for his daughters birth certificate and her surname has been changed. It was his surname but now it is his surname hyphen her surname. Can that be done without the fathers knowledge.?
yep- could have been done on the form when the child was first registered(he signed it then on the way to post office to post form she added the hyphen named.  or I believe in some states a parent who has sole parental responsibility may be able to change the name without other parents need to sign.
Best speak to the registry of births, deaths & marriages to get a proper answer on this?

Apart from happening without the fathers knowledge, is it a problem?

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets