Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Topic #1503 (no title)

Ok I think I know who JP is (from Canberra) but who is BH?
OK you got me on this one and I have no idea and I did take my meds tonight, (I think) so who is BH?
I dont have any colleagues in there as they have been helping me with 'ex' issues. Whats the big secret, give me a clue, its like waiting for the sixth Lotto ball to drop.
I think Lifeinsight is talking about Mr Hogan and his guide.

While lifeinsight may find Mr Hogan's document useful, I think it inappropriate that someone tries to benefit financially from this site.

Junior Executive of SRL-Resources

Executive Member of SRL-Resources, the Family Law People on this site (Look for the Avatars). Be mindful what you post in public areas. 
Artemis said
While lifeinsight may find Mr Hogan's document useful, I think it inappropriate that someone tries to benefit financially from this site.
I think this turns on whether people are genuinely helped, and not just given false hope and sold snake oil: if there is value for money then there shouldn't be a real issue about someone being recompensed for their hard work and costs.  But when what they're are selling is just an eccentric babbling that helps no one then it has no place being advertised to dads seeking help.
LifeInsight said
He claims to one of the 144,000? or so that does not pay child support and so has to live a life in fear, changing addresses frequently, use only a PO box and exist only via a cash economy.
I've never heard him claim that.  I doubt he knows what the 144,000 is.  And he has lived in, and now north, of Cairns for the last 10 years, and is in regular contact with Centrelink and his local MP.  That's how we keep tabs on him!  :o  (That'll pop the ol' paranoia meter!)  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:
LifeInsight said
He claims to one of the 144000? or so that does not pay child support and so has to live a life in fear, changing addresses frequently, use only a PO box and exist only via a cash economy.
From what I now understand his only fear is the men he has ripped off catching up with him. I understand he has been banned from every Mens organization in the Country. Can you really believe his bullshit about a cash economy when he has a merchant Pay pal Account which requires a Bank Account to operate. According to his earlier rubbish his kid was eleven years old 10 years ago, so why is he hiding from the CSA?
Maybe I have been watching too much scifi but the mind is boggling with the question…

What is the 144,000?

When you are swimming down a creek and an eel bites your cheek, that's a Moray.
My mistake miss read

But is there really 144,000 people on the C$A list of not paying their CSA? In some cases that would cause the whole of the deceased estate to end up in the hands of CSA and the payee rather than the children where it should go. Think of all the hard work you did to build an estate/heritage for your children and then others take it all. CSA penalties are acumulative are they not?

Last edit: by No-Justice

How would it end up in the hands of the CSA when they merely pass the money onto the payee? Worst case scenario would be going to the payee and not the children who, you would think, be adults and self supporting.

When you are swimming down a creek and an eel bites your cheek, that's a Moray.
Not up to date on where the penatles and charges for costs of recovery go but would think CSA would claim so of the costs of recovery that are above the CSA payments.

Thats easy - the debt never goes away!

Conan said
LifeInsight said
He claims to one of the 144000? or so that does not pay child support and so has to live a life in fear, changing addresses frequently, use only a PO box and exist only via a cash economy.
From what I now understand his only fear is the men he has ripped off catching up with him. I understand he has been banned from every Men's organisation in the Country. Can you really believe his bullshit about a cash economy when he has a merchant Pay pal Account which requires a Bank Account to operate. According to his earlier rubbish his kid was eleven years old 10 years ago, so why is he hiding from the CSA?
If Brian H is truly hiding from C$A, and his child is 21, C$ is probably not payable but any existing debt is up till and including distribution of funds at any probate hearing.

For me - Shared Parenting is a Reality - Maybe it can be for you too!
Jadzia - I think Lifeinsight is referring to a bibilcal number of a chosen group of people so there is probably nothing in that.
Hey lifeInsight.

I have my kids, no money and lifetime of experiences.

No politician, nonsensical judge, biased UN-informed lunatics will ever stop rational debate about issues which affect AUSTRALIANS and make USE WHO WE ARE.

Not the mindless drones which are counted on for their votes.

Maybe I am not explaining myself well enough
No-Justice said
….But is there really 144,000 people on the C$A list of not paying their CSA?
The real figures are as follows:

In 2006 - 2007
  • 1.1 Million children rely on Child Support
  • Total Child Support transferred was 2.2Billion
  • 96% of all child support received has been transferred
  • 52.6% of seperated parents transfer payments themselves
  • 61% of cases involve 1 child
  • Approx 8% of cases involve a relevant dependant
  • Around 8% of CSA customers have more than 1 child support case
and
  • 633,648 paying parents
  • Paid an average of $4,026 in child support for the year (or $77 a week)
  • 29% paid more than $100.00 a week
  • 35% paid between $10.00 and $100.00 a week
  • 30% paid less than $10.00 a week
  • Only 5% did not pay anything in the period (The statement of 144,000 should in fact be 31,682… Amazing how far out some real stats are isn't it !!!! and to top it off people want us to publish the link to the site that publishes the material that is obviously so wrong as to be laughable)
We are particularly interested in a more detailed breakdown of the "35% paid between $10.00 and $100.00 a week" stats to see that broken up in to $10.00 - $20.00 and $21.00 to $30.00 etc.

Executive Secretary - Shared Parenting Council of Australia
 Was my post helpful? If so, please let others know about the FamilyLawWebGuide whenever you see the opportunity

Thanks for the figures Sec SPCA.

I would say the interest is just general interest, like must topics of conversation, rather than life changing.

I was for a period in the 30% group but have been in the 29% group for some time.

My experience is that those of us paying less than $10 per week are those who go back to school or who cannot/will not find a job.

The $20.00 and $21.00 to $30.00 etc are made up of those who do part time declared work and part time cash income.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets