Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Topic #3126 (no title)

Add Topic

Less adverserial Trial - I know that for the LAT it will have to last more than 2 days since it is in the family court.

monster.

A simple answer to your rhetorical question is: How long is a piece of string?

There is no average median time or exception.

Your inital question was:"How many days can you expect a LAT(Less Adverserial Trial) final hearing to last?"

My answer is 5 minutes, 5 hours, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 days - how long is a piece of string!

monster.

What is it that you want? you seem to be confused - You need to show me your string before I can measure it!

Are you in the Child Responsive Program/Docket system? Yes?

For a trial date to be set you need to have gone through the process, where, the family consultant suggests and opinionates what is believed to be the best outcome.

Now, most of the dispute in this process may have been resolved and a suggestion for a LAT to proceeed for a minor unresolved issue may be required, ad hoc, the Docket Judge may order a short hearing, say one day!

So your initial belief that for a LAT to be in the family court, has to last more than 2 days is Wrong!

As for the 'how many days' that is for thejudicial officer to decide, even then it is an estimate. :ninja:

As I understand it a LAT hearing begins with the first hearing and is a continious process.

The time is conditional upon how expeditiously the parties disclose and respond to the directions of the court.

Each court date will result in an additional court date until the facts are known, the parties had their say, and, the judge satisfied that he/she has enough information to determine the case. That in no way places any responsibility on the judge to present arguments and support them with documentation or credible arguments.

It is the less formal environment which affords the parties an opportunity to resolve issues.

What is done for you, let it be done, what you must do, be sure you do it, as the wise person does today that what the fool will do in three days - Buddha
The Child Responsive Program is one that has focus on Children, particularly abused children, the document below covers the process

Attachment

Mine is set down for FIVE days (count em).

I was told by my case coordinator that the Judge sets them down for as many days as he thinks it will need on reviwing the stuff he has in front of him.

I have also been told five days is a lot for LAT

They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority

gooner said
Mine is set down for FIVE days (count em).

I was told by my case coordinator that the Judge sets them down for as many days as he thinks it will need on reviwing the stuff he has in front of him.

I have also been told five days is a lot for LAT.
For your case with a lack of witnesses and few reports it is rather long, however there are particular circumstances why this much time has been allocated.

Executive Member of SRL-Resources, the Family Law People on this site (look for the Avatars) Be mindful what you post in public areas. 
monster.

I believe you made the assumption that because it was in the FCoA and not FMC it must be longer than 2 days.

LATs are only run in the FCoA.

As Verdad said they are a continuous process. Some hearings may only last hours. The conclusive (final) hearing duration will have been estimated by the Judge according to what evidence they will allow. You should have been made aware of this.

If yours is set for 2 or 3 or 4 days then that is what the Judge has estimated.

Ideally the Judge would like the hearing to last 15 minutes - on the principle its 'Less Adversarial' and would prefer a set of Consent Orders handed up.

5 minutes to hear both parties are in agreement with each other

5 minutes to read the orders

5 minutes to congratulate the parties

Heres some material from the SRLR members areas

Diana Bryant's Practice Direction #2 and the FCoA Divsion 12A information

Attachment

Attachment

Executive Member of SRL-Resources, the Family Law People on this site (look for the Avatars) Be mindful what you post in public areas. 
Good evening Mr Agog!

Let's hope there is a lack of witnesses anyway; dont want to derail this thread but "they" have started to play the games again: threats to the police, people contacting my facebook friends… all kinds of magilla… Bbt thanks to you and monaro I am more than prepared, and they are only shooting themselves in the foot.;-)

:offtopic:

They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority

gooner.

Remember your evidence must be Primary - un doubtebly they have walked into a land mine - excellent work!

FOR ALL PLEASE TAKE NOTE !!!

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE EVIDENCE, YOU CANNOT PROVE THE FACT, AND BASED ON FACTS, SUBMISSIONS CANNOT BE MADE !

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUCCESS AND FAILURE IS…….
EVIDENCE!

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets