Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Child support reconciliation 5 -7 years after estimate

Add Topic
Hi. I hope someone can give me some advice.

I received a phone call and a letter last week claiming that I had three estimates to be reconciled between 2003 and 2005. The cost to reconcile these is $3,000 to the ex and about $800 in penalties.

Now I remember these times and was very thorough with communication and there was also reconciliation at the end of the tax years respectively. Incurred arrears which were paid at the time. This latest reconciliaition seems like double dipping to me and the penalties harsh, and just fund raising. I have no intention of paying this money and will go to court to defend myself.

I'm sick of the bullying and intimidation tactics used by the CSA.
This appears to be happening a lot at the moment.

You could put in a letter of complaint to the Ombudsman, Minister overseeing the C$A and C$A.

Then wait for their review process and resultant arrears.

Afterwards go through the Objection, SSAT and court processes.

However if C$A cannot collect the arrears from you easily, do nothing and wait for the ex to take legal action to recover the arrears. At this point you can then apply to the court for a Departure Order and fight the review process.

Once the issue is resolved then apply to C$A to remit penalties.

and do everything in writing!
There has been a directive put out to do the reconciliations. Key for everyone is to know your info before responding to any notices sent out in this one.  

Executive Member of SRL-Resources, the Family Law People on the site (Look for the Avatars).   Be mindful what you post in the public areas
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets