Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

I want to take my Addicted sister to court for custody of her child- anyone been in my position?

My sister is a drug addict, she's admitted it and another sister has seen her use drugs in front of her child. We've called child protective twice now with no help. The case has been closed. She is very good at hiding it especially when she knows there's an investigation. I want to take her to family court but don't know how effective that will be. My sister refuses to go to rehab and her son is showing signs of neglect. Anyone done this before? what are my chances? I really want to save this child a lifetime of abuse and stop the cycle.  :(
You are wasting your time with the Family Court.

You need to keep up the pressure on DOCS and the Police. Even if DOCS act, they might not give you what you want.

Executive Member of SRL-Resources, the Family Law People on the site (Look for the Avatars).   Be mindful what you post in the public areas. 
Drug addiction is usually associated with mental health problems.  Have you thought about taking this up with the local Community Mental Health Team?  How old is the child?  Under 5?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.  M K Gandhi
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets