Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Contravention of parenting orders

A small booklet from Legal Aid NSW dealing with parenting order contravention issues.

FYI, a small PDF booklet, from Legal Aid NSW, dealing with parenting order contravention issues, entitled:

Contravention of parenting orders

A resource kit for parents

My ex-partner isn't following the court orders about our children

What can I do?

Contravention of Parenting Orders


Getting started: what to consider first 4

- Contravention of parenting orders 6

- Choosing the best option for me 7

- Your contravention application 9

- Information for the respondent 11

- Going to court: what to expect 12

- The contravention hearing 13

- Contravention orders 16

- Your affidavit 17

- How can Legal Aid NSW help? 19

- Legal Aid NSW offices 20

- Useful contacts 21

About this kit

This kit has been prepared by Legal Aid NSW.

Legal Aid NSW is an independent, government-funded agency which provides legal representation to people who cannot afford a lawyer and who qualify for legal aid.

Legal Aid NSW also provides free advice to the public, a duty solicitor at the Family Courts, and a lawyer-assisted family dispute resolution service. Details of Legal Aid NSW services are provided at the end of this kit.

This kit provides some basic advice and assistance to people who already have court orders about parenting, including consent orders. It provides information about:

- enforcing a term of the parenting orders;

- options about what to do where parenting orders have been breached; and

- what to expect if it is alleged that you have breached the parenting orders.

(If you do not have any court orders about your children or you have a parenting plan which is not working, you should seek legal advice. See the contact list at the end of this kit to contact any Legal Aid NSW office or LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529.)

This kit is intended as a guide to the law and is not a substitute for legal advice. It is recommended that you obtain legal advice in conjunction with the information in this kit. Every situation is different when parenting orders no longer work and there may be a range of options available to you to fix your particular problem. Legal advice can assist you to decide which option is more appropriate for your circumstances.

Thank you for that.

I have had a quick read through the document and it is informative and easy to read.

Additionally, it would seem applicable to all, no matter what state of Australia you reside in.
Posts from this topic have been moved by members. 1 posts have been transferred to topicview.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets