Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

CSA COA issues

The CSA do not care about the devastation that they cause through incorrect assessments, all they care about is reducing the cost to the tax payer, the more cs$ the less social security $

the CSA do not care about the devastation that they cause through incorrect assessments, all they care about is reducing the cost to the tax payer, the more cs$ the less social security $

CSA officers should be held accountable for their mistakes (often deliberate) and should that ever happen and only if, then some fairness and honesty may surface, until then they will can go on doing what they do best, screwing people over.

I just received my notice from the csa today disallowing my coa application and guess what, the reasons contained things that I am supposed to have said that i definitely did not and the decision was in the main based on these lies.

I have submitted an FOI request for the recording of the conversation and have lodged a complaint and will be lodging an objection (again).

My bet is that the recording will be lost or can't be provided for some reason because if they did find it will prove what I am saying, at least if it can't be provided then it can't prove what they are saying and will surely cast doubt on them as I do have a receipt number for the recording.

There are no words that can describe the pathetic actions of the CSA, although fraud, stealing and trickery come to mind

Last edit: by Aussie

Aussie said
the CSA do not care about the devastation that they cause through incorrect assessments, all they care about is reducing the cost to the tax payer, the more cs$ the less social security $

CSA officers should be held accountable for their mistakes (often deliberate) and should that ever happen and only if, then some fairness and honesty may surface, until then they will can go on doing what they do best, screwing people over.

I just received my notice from the csa today disallowing my coa application and guess what, the reasons contained things that I am supposed to have said that i definitely did not and the decision was in the main based on these lies.

I have submitted an FOI request for the recording of the conversation and have lodged a complaint and will be lodging an objection (again).

My bet is that the recording will be lost or can't be provided for some reason because if they did find it will prove what I am saying, at least if it can't be provided then it can't prove what they are saying and will surely cast doubt on them as I do have a receipt number for the recording.

There are no words that can describe the pathetic actions of the CSA, although fraud, stealing and trickery come to mind

I have a letter from the former Regional Registrar for Queensland (now CEO of the Cerebral Palsy League of Qld), Angela Tillmans, telling me that no notes need be kept by an SCO doing a COA because "the decision will be made almost immediately" and so the officer will not need to refer to any notes.

Don't bank on anything having changed.
Cant agree more Aussie.

I had the same happen to me and when the documents were sent to me for a SSAT hearing there was no mention of certain conversations that I had with the CSA

As for scewing people over, they do it all the time because the average person doesnt understand the system, so they give up and the CSA get away with murder.

csa

I know of no other NGO or GO that can get away with what they do, there are laws to prevent others but there are few when it comes to the csa and accountability therein.

I thought little of the FCOA but they are angels compared to the csa, the csa are just lying vultures devoid of any ability to see reason or the truth, the letter i just received from them contained blatant lies, deliberate they can only be.

Who is trying to do something about the csa, any body and if there is are they getting any where, I am driven to considering setting up another website just to expose csa as much as possible.

The whole thing just defies all that we have been taught about honesty and fairness.
i have seen "Today Tonight" expose parents who dont pay child support. why dont they take an interest in CSA?
All I can say is we are working hard to fix many of the problems with COA. It doesn't work in its present form. It has needed fixing for many years and we are in workshops to try and resolve the many shortcomings.

Executive Secretary - Shared Parenting Council of Australia
 Was my post helpful? If so, please let others know about the FamilyLawWebGuide whenever you see the opportunity

Aussie said
….the csa are just lying vultures devoid of any ability to see reason or the truth, the letter i just received from them contained blatant lies, deliberate they can only be.
If you unemotionally send me privately the "lies" I will take it up with CSA on your behalf.
Aussie said
Who is trying to do something about the csa, any body and if there is are they getting any where, I am driven to considering setting up another website just to expose csa as much as possible….
We are dealing with CSA matters daily and have done some significant works on COA, Forms, Self Employed and provided a range of reports to FaHCSIA and CSA. We are continuing to work aggressively to fix things and make things better. If you want to assist in our submissions I can send you a  template to fill out on key issues.

Executive Secretary - Shared Parenting Council of Australia
 Was my post helpful? If so, please let others know about the FamilyLawWebGuide whenever you see the opportunity

Send me a template.
I hope that it covers depreciation on self employed.

As noted by the Ombudsman and the CSA
Its ok for the CSA to change 1 but not another. Why?

Chapter 7 | Looking at the agencies - CSA | Commonwealth Ombudsman Annual Report 2006-07

Mr F, the payer, complained that in the course of assessing his child support income under the change of assessment process, the CSA included the value of the depreciation expenses claimed against his business income. This decision resulted in Mr Fs child support income being tripled and, in turn, his child support liability being increased significantly. After unsuccessfully objecting to the CSAs decision, Mr F appealed successfully to the Federal Magistrates Court and his child support assessment was reduced.

I would love to find that case if anyone could help.

Mick
taylor said
I would love to find that case if anyone could help.
It sounds like Ladd:
http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/cases/cth/FMCAfam/2010/23.html

http://flwg.com.au/forum/pg/topicview/misc/5025/index.php&start=0

There is a thread on here somewhere by Ladd that has more info from the horse's mouth, so to speak

Here is an idea for when the CSA operatives ring you after being told to write only:

http://flwg.com.au/forum/pg/topicview/misc/5999/index.php&start=0#post_35850
I have the Ladd case, it is backing me up in court when I get there.

Its the Mr F case that I am very interested in but cant find it as that case will certainly back up my claims for depreciation.

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets