Donate Child Support Calculator
Skip navigation

Topic #3706 (no title)

I only get access once a month for 3 hours (my fault, i agreed to this on the consent orders) Can I get this fixed?

I only get access once a month for limited hours to my children (my fault, I agreed to this on the consent orders as I didn't thinkIi was going to be around much due to work commitments).

Can I get my consent order changed even though the mother doesn't want it to?

I would like as much access as possible and we live only four suburbs apart.

I have just been reading about change of circumstances. Does that apply to my case, even though no one has moved?

Does it cost much to do it? Or could I get legal aid? I haven't used them before.

Want to change consent orders

Consent orders are agreed between parties, if one party disagrees then a Court would have to make orders.

Yes, you would have to show the Court that either a change in circumstances has occurred or perhaps the orders you agreed to were manifestly not in the interests of the children and that BIC should override any Rice and Asplund argument.

Court fees are detailed on both the Family and Federal Magistrates Court websites.

Legal Aid funding is determined by a number of factors apart from income. One of these is the like hood of an application succeeding.

Your first priority is to approach an FRC to begin a mediation process in the hope the matter can be resolved without resort to Court action. If this is not the case the FRC will issue a certificate and you can then lodge an applications with the Courts.

SRL-Resources. the Family Law People on this site (look for the Avatars) www.srl-resources.org  Non gender Professional and peer support for SRLs. Closed site, no public forums, no search engines, no lurkers, guests or the other side and their Lawyer and Friends.
"Consent orders are agreed between parties, if one party disagrees then a Court would have to make orders."

So if I disagree I legally have the right to new orders?

What is BIC, please?
dadofthree said
"Consent orders are agreed between parties, if one party disagrees then a Court would have to make orders."

So if I disagree I legally have the right to new orders?

What is BIC, please?
No, you have the right to APPLY for new/amended orders which does not necessarily mean you will get them.

BIC =  Best Interest(s) of the Child/Children - the fundamental principle of Family Law

see:
http://flwg.com.au/WEBGuide/pg/glossary2#B

We would suggest you spend some time exploring the entire site as you will find a great deal of information about Family Law. These forums are only about 25% of the site.

SRL-Resources. the Family Law People on this site (look for the Avatars) www.srl-resources.org  Non gender Professional and peer support for SRLs. Closed site, no public forums, no search engines, no lurkers, guests or the other side and their Lawyer and Friends.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.

Recent Tweets